Easter is almost upon us once again. It’s usually one of the first signs of the warmer days to come. Easter is celebrated around the world many different ways from country to country. If you’re looking for some ideas on how to celebrate this Easter with your friends and family, we’ve got plenty of interesting information ahead. We’ve taken some ideas from our neighbors around the world to see how they celebrate Easter.
- Kite Flying – Popular in Bermuda, Guyana, as well as a few other former British colonies, locals celebrate Easter by flying kites. People gather in local parks or beaches to have picnics or barbeques while flying kites of all shapes and sizes.
- Egg Rolling – Egg rolling is popular in Scotland as well as the United States. The President usually hosts an annual Easter Egg Roll on the White House Lawn. In Scotland just as in America, hard boiled eggs are painted in colorful designs and are taken to park hills for rolling.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Easter egg hunting is another very popular egg related tradition in the United States, however, it has its roots in Germany. Eggs are hidden in remote locations for children to find. The reward is usually the sweet treats inside the egg.
- Festivities – In Canada, people celebrate Easter by putting on special performances, songs, and sometimes hold spring festivals. Specials Easter menus are also prepared with items such as Cape Breton scones, apple tarts, and maple baked beans.
- Waterworks – In Hungary, “sprinkling” is a popular Easter Monday tradition. Boys playfully throw cologne or water over a girl’s head and ask for a kiss. It was traditionally believed that the water had healing and fertility powers.
- Giant Omelet – In Haux France, a giant omelet made from 4,500 eggs is made to feed 1,000 people in the town square. This tradition was started when Napoleon ordered the townspeople to gather all their eggs make a giant omelet for him and his army.
Invite Your Guests
Easter activities are fun, but having a photo booth at your event would make it even better. Nothing captures those fun and exciting moments like a photo booth. Contact us at Cut Above Photo Booth to get a free quote today.